The holidays are the perfect time to show your loved ones how much you appreciate them, whether it’s by spending quality time together or giving them a thoughtful gift — or both! If you’d like to treat your friends and family to something truly one-of-a-kind this year, look no further than your talented local artists and artisans.
Markets and shops
In the weeks leading up to Christmas, you’re sure to come across a variety of special events, like holiday markets, pop-up shops and craft fairs, where handmade gift ideas abound. From one stand to the next, you’ll have the opportunity to meet all sorts of creative types who infuse passion and talent into each of their works.
As you browse these vibrant, friendly places where the atmosphere is charged with holiday magic, you’re sure to find the perfect present for your favourite aunt, your beloved nephew, your better half or your daughter’s hockey coach. Here are a few ideas to get you inspired:
- Jewellery (bracelets, rings, earrings, necklaces)
- Linens for the home (tablecloths, placemats, dish towels)
- Decorative accessories (masks, mobiles, sculptures)
- Bath and body products (hand creams, bath bombs, soaps)
- Tableware (plates, cups, salad bowls, wine glasses)
- Clothing and fashion accessories (scarves, handbags, pyjamas, hats)
- Works of art (paintings, photo prints, engravings)
Inform yourself of the various artisan-focused events planned near you over the holidays, and be sure to save the dates. Happy hunting!